CHOP THE CARROT
Regular price 29.99$
CHOP THE CARROT: a game of concentration
The Slice-Carrot wooden game from the Italian brand Milaniwood aims, piece by piece, to cut the carrot without it falling. Intended to keep the whole family entertained, this simplistic looking toy is harder than you might think and requires enormous concentration to win the game.
A wooden game exercising the dexterity of young and old
Slicing just one piece of carrot without dropping the others is a challenge that requires a lot of concentration, but also dexterity. As the child grows, his motor skills develop. They perform increasingly complex movements and learn new gestures, essential for the growth of fine motor skills. Milaniwood's Slice-Carrot game works on manual dexterity and visual-manual coordination. Successfully slicing only one piece requires the ability to control movement, regulate muscle strength, and adjust hand movement based on vision.
Build a carrot by stacking 8 washers, plus the top. The first player should give a sharp blow with the knife in an attempt to remove the puck at the base of the carrot without dropping any other pieces. Each player must, one at a time, slice the whole carrot until the top with the forelock rests on the game board. If the player manages to cut the whole carrot, it remains in play. On the contrary, if the carrot collapses during the game or if a piece other than the target falls, the participant counts the sliced pucks correctly and skips his turn.
You can never touch the remaining carrot slices with your hands. On each turn, each player has three possibilities to realign the remaining pieces of the carrot using only the knife.
When all players have completed the round:
- If only one player has managed to slice the whole carrot, he is the winner;
- If neither player managed to cut the whole carrot, the winner is the one who managed to cut the most carrot pieces. In the event of a tie, the one who used the least bonus is the winner;
- If more than one player has been able to slice the whole carrot, they stay in play and move on to the next round.
A slice of carrot is added each round to increase the degree of difficulty. For the more adventurous, it is possible to play without using any bonus!
- 1 wooden carrot divided into 14 pieces
- 1 wooden knife
- Dimensions: H: 3.5 x L: 13 x W: 4.5 centimeters
- Recommended age: from 5 years old
- Number of players: 1 and more
- Materials: Wood (orange beech) FSC certified, felt
- Non-toxic water-based paint without ingredients of animal origin
Milaniwood, an eco-responsible Italian company
Based in Milan, Milaniwood was created in 2008 by a family business working in the wood industry for 4 generations. This brand cares about the environment, which is why its games are produced with respect for the raw materials used. All the wood used in their products comes from forests that are managed responsibly from an environmental and social point of view. Everything is made in Italy and each game is designed to engage users in a simple activity promoting the development of several skills.